Noise – there was so much noise after my brain injury. Just about everything became noise that I could not tolerate. I could not listen to music, birds, the splashing sound of cars going through puddles, talking, TV, and so much more that is all around us all the time. After a few months I discovered that I could listen to and was actually soothed by listening to just the music on Deepak Chopra’s CD called Chakra Balancing: Mind, Body, And Soul Pt. 1. I would listen to it on my iPod to keep the other sounds away. It would sooth my jittery mind that often felt like I had butterflies or a wave motion going on in it. Almost always I would fall asleep. It was almost like a drug to calm me. I’ve listened to it hundreds of times in the last years. Gradually over the last 7 years my tolerance to sound has improved greatly. I rarely spend time with pillows on my head or use my special earplugs to keep out background sound.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Taking Back Control After Your Brain Injury
- How My Brain Injury Taught Me Gratitude and To Be in the Moment
- More Is not Better!
- Survival Tips for the Holidays with a Brain Injury
- Strange Sensations After a Brain Injury
- K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple Sweetie (part 2)
- K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple Sweetie (part 1)